I'm confused - what is MyRecipeBook?
MyRecipeBook is a name for:
- the Desktop Application called MyRecipeBook. This application allows registered users to store, upload, download, search & print recipes from their desktop, laptop or netbook.
- the Website - myrecipebook.co.nz. This website is where you'll find the application to download to your computer and where you can set up your User account. The website also holds a library of recipes, where you can choose individual recipes to download to your User Account. This account can then synchronise with your MyRecipeBook application on your computer.
How Do I Use MyRecipeBook Products?
- Anyone can view a recipe displayed on the online library at www.myrecipebook.co.nz, without creating an account.
- If you wish to 'save' a recipe for future reference, you have to create an online account on myrecipebook.co.nz, and save the recipe to your 'My Recipes' account.
- When you create an account, you can also download the MyRecipeBook desktop application, to your computer.
- Once you have downloaded the MyRecipeBook application to your computer, you will be able to save the recipes in your online 'My Recipes' account to the MyRecipeBook application on your computer.
- You can also manually enter your own favourite recipes into the MyRecipeBook application, using the Add New Recipe function in the application.
- Once you have synchronised the MyRecipeBook application on your computer with your online account, you will be able to view all your recipes BOTH in your online account AND on your computer.
- You won't need an internet connection to view recipes in the MyRecipeBook application on your computer, once you have synchronised the MyRecipeBook application on your computer with your online account.
Why would I want a computer application to hold all my recipes?
I subscribe to so many food magazines, and buy so many cookbooks, that I could never find the specific recipes I actually wanted to use. I tried ripping out the pages of magazines and cookbooks, but it just wasn't a satisfactory filing system!
So... I thought “Wouldn't it be good if I could download, to one application, only the recipes I want, from each of the different magazines and cookbooks.” It could file them all nicely, print them if I needed to, but most importantly I could find them on my laptop no matter where I was - no internet connection required.
There are so many recipe websites, with so many recipes, why should I use MyRecipeBook?
MyRecipeBook is all about creating YOUR own recipe library - whether you download recipes from www.myrecipebook.co.nz or key your favourite recipes into the application. Once you synchronise the MyRecipeBook application on your computer with your online account, you can view all your favourite recipes online through the website, or offline on your computer.
I can't find a particular recipe on myrecipebook.co.nz How can I get it available to download?
If your desired author doesn't feature in the library, why don't you send them an email and ask them to make their recipes available for you to download to your 'My Recipes' account.
Why can't I download recipes from my favourite websites, to my MyRecipeBook application?
It is the vision of MyRecipeBook for any food writer or author to want their recipes available for MyRecipeBook users to download.
So, if your desired author or website doesn't feature in the library, why don't you send them an email and ask them to make their recipes available for you to download to your 'My Recipes' account. They can link directly from their website to the recipe in the library.
Can I upload my favourite recipes?
Yes! Once you have registered as a user and downloaded MyRecipeBook application to your computer, you can enter your favourite recipes into your MyRecipeBook application. Then, you need to synchronise the application on your computer with your My Recipes account on www.myrecipebook.co.nz. Once synchronisation is complete you will have a full electronic library of all your recipes - whether you keyed them into the application or downloaded them from www.myrecipebook.co.nz.
NB: When you registered as a User, you agreed to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which includes provision for editorial control by MyRecipeBook - if we don't like what has been uploaded, we will remove it from the site, without recourse to the User.
Can I share my recipes with other MyRecipeBook users?
Yes! If you are an author, we can load your recipes & articles onto myrecipebook.co.nz for Users of myrecipebook to download. Contact Us, to find out how this can be arranged.
Do I need an internet connection to use my recipes?
No! This is a great feature of MyRecipeBook - once you have downloaded the MyRecipeBook application and synchronised the application with your 'My Recipes' account on myrecipebook.co.nz, the recipes will reside on BOTH your computer (no internet connection required) AND your account on myrecipebook.co.nz (where an internet connection on any computer will be required!).
MyRecipeBook has a .co.nz address. Can users in other countries request recipes, share recipes and download the MyRecipeBook application?
Yes! The more users, the better! But for the sake of clarity, when you join the site, you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of the site, which are based on New Zealand laws.
NB: When you registered as User, you agreed to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which includes provision for editorial control by MyRecipeBook - if we don't like what has been uploaded, we will remove it from the site, without recourse to the User.
Do I need to download the application to view recipes I have downloaded to my online 'My Recipes' account?
No! You don't need to download the MyRecipeBook application, but you do need to Join Up to open a 'My Recipes' account, if you wish to download recipes to your 'My Recipes' account.
If you still need more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get back to you by the next working day at the latest.